Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Chocolate Butter Cake

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

Puff and pant...
Puff and pant...
......one minute... let me catch my breath.... breathe in.. breathe out... okay...

Hello everyone, I am back, as promised! I thought I was late to cook as Syahmi is supposed to go for his driving lessons at 1pm. With the piping problem in my kitchen, it really slowed down my work. But I am still grateful, even though the water flow is very very slow, at least I still have clean water to use for drinking and washing. Thank you Allah.

After racing against time (hahaha... dah macam sprinter pulak bunyinya...mama dah over dah ni...muahahaha...), I managed to cook in good time. When Syahmi came downstairs, he told me that today's lesson had to be canceled. Hmmm what else can I say...

Our menu....



T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

Made these cakes last Friday, to serve my aunt and cousins who came by from Johor Baru. I gave one tray to hubby's cousin and the rest was enjoyed by my guests. And oh, I managed to send some to my dear neighbour Saerah too. So, thousand apologies in advance to those who has the intention to ask for a piece or two ya.... All gone dearies..... *wink* *wink*


CHOCOLATE BUTTER CAKE

Posted by MamaFaMi

Source : Fabulous Cake Book


Preparation time : 25 minutes
Baking time : 45 minutes
Makes one 20cm round cake

Ingredients :

150g unsalted butter
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup milk

Method :

1. Preheat oven to moderate 180 C (oven temperature may vary). Brush a deep 20 cm round cake tin with melted butter or oil, line base and side with paper; grease paper.
2. Using electric beaters, beat butter and sugar in small mixing bowl until light and creamy. Add the eggs gradually, beating thoroughly after each addition. Add the essence; beat until combined. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl.
3. Using a metal spoon, fold in sifted flour and cocoa powder alternately with milk. Stir until just combined and mixture is almost smooth. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin; smooth the surface.
4. Bake 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted in center of cake. Leave in tin 10 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool.

Note :

1. I made double the recipe.
2. I used Buttercup.
3. I didn't use the electric beaters. I just beat manually using a wooden spoon.
4. I didn't do the topping.



Have a nice day!


16 comments:

  1. semua nampak sedap..tengok telur asin tu ..aduh dan dan lapar nasi..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Senangnya Norhanim ni... telur asin je dah boleh buka selera ye...

      Delete
  2. Yummy looking cake! Your lauk pauk nampak sedap especially the one upper left corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sambal ayam eh PH? Ala, very simple and fast to cook. And not to mention, yummy to eat. Haha...

      Delete
  3. Ting tong...siapa di rumah??? Love is here...hehe!

    Hi Mamafami, nak tapau kek butter coklat yang sungguh menggoda tu...nak penuh satu tupperware...hahaha!

    All the dishes up there are sooooo inviting!!! Goodness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sedapnyer Mama...menu Mama dah menggugat fiza ni...ha ha ha...yg tu sayur betik ke....dapnyerrr....

    ReplyDelete
  5. dalam banyak2 gambar, paling tergoda n terpikat dgn tumis air betik dgn ikan goreng tu..pergh kalau ada belacan ni....jap nak berangan jap....

    ReplyDelete
  6. As salam Mf...lama nya menyepi. Mf...akak surf resepi lama Mf...kenapa kebanyakan gambar hilang...yang ada dekat slot tu tanda No entri .....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Assalam mama cayang....Amboiii tajuk entry kek, tp tayangan lauk tu kemaaiinnn....sori lah yea...kita xnak kek...kita nak makan nasi situ boleh Mama? ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Assalam mama,
    cchocolate dahlah my family favourite, butter cake pun memnag suka juga so kalau combine this two memang lah serasi benar denagn tekak kami..aduhhh..boleh masuk list ni mama..!!

    Lauk2 kat atas tu..kalau kita singgah rumah mama confirm, mam kena masak nasi lagi sebab kita sorang aje dah 1/2 periuk bedal..hahaha..uish kecur tengok sambal tumis tu..!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bab butter cake mmg sukaaa! Masuk list dulu buat ntah bila! Hihihihi... * tetiba nak panjat pokok betik jiran sebelah? Ok tak ma? Kikiki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sweetie, dah kunci pintu, kunci grill??? Aiyoh... siang I kerja mah, tak boleh singgah ley.... I sekarang baru siap kerja umah duduk relax nampak cake chocolate ingin nak makan.
    Meleleh air liur.... excuse me, tissue ada??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nak cube buat kek ni lah.nampak moist je..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nak cube buat kek ni lah.nampak moist je..

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!