Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

Apple Muffins

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

Hello everyone! I'm back! But still, can't write much because I am chatting with my close friend, Angelin in Toronto via skype. And being in a tired mode, my brain cannot just split into 2. I just can't think 2 things at a time... age is catching up on me huh? Haha...

Anyway, let me just skip the ramblings for today and go straight to the recipe to share okay...

T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

I was cleaning the fridge and came across some green apples. Er.. by the way, my fridge can 'breathe' at ease now since I've cleared most of the 'congested' areas! Hahaha...

So I flipped through one of the books in my collection to see how I can 'dispose' the apples in a good way and at the same time enjoying it! I managed to give some to Saerah, Sherina and Ustazah Rohani. The feedback that I got, some said nice, some said ok and if you asked me, well, I'll say it's ok ok la......

Anyway, let me just share the simple to prepare recipe and you judge yourself...


APPLE MUFFINS
Posted by : MamaFaMi
Adapted from : Food Lovers Bread & Muffin Book

Ingredients :

50g butter
2 apples
225g all purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
75g brown sugar
1 teaspoon mixed spice (I used cinnamon powder)
1 large egg
150ml sour cream (I used plain yogurt)

To sprinkle :

brown sugar

Method :

1. Preheat the oven to 190 C. Line a 12 hole muffin pan with paper muffin cases.
2. Melt the butter. Peel, core and finely chop the apples.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar, mixed spice and apples.
4. Put the egg, sour cream and melted butter in another bowl and mix together with a whisk.
5. Pour the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture and stir for a few seconds until just combined.
6. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. Sprinkle generous amount of brown sugar on top.
7. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the muffins are well risen and firm. Leave to cool on a wire reack.


 
Have a nice day.

6 comments:

  1. Salam mama! waaaaaaa...kita suke apple di buat mcm niii, maksudnyer kalau mkn gitu pun suke jugak kalau dbuat kek 2 kali ganda sukanyer hihihi... masuk list! ni yg tak sabo nak buat ni ma sib baik apple tak de stok :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam mamafami,

    muffin epal ni sgt menarik...mudah dan nampak sedap..masuk list dulu ya..thanks mama for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. mama....nak 2 ketoi mapin tu...
    sedappnya tengok...
    cantikk...

    ReplyDelete
  4. x suka epal,tapi epal mafin?mesti sedap kalu mamafami yg buat

    ReplyDelete
  5. mama sedapnya mufin epal..mestilah sedap jika mama yang buat...bila nak post sebijik kat sini haha

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!